The Axel Provisions Teak Wood Serving Board was too perfect not to use for our Holiday cheese boards over the last few weeks!
Here are some Manready Crew tips on creating the perfect cheese board:
- Choose your board: The first, and possibly most important step is choosing a board on which to present your creation. Pictured here is Axel Provision's 24" Sustainable Teak Wood Serving Board. Not only is it beautiful, it is also sustainable. This board is FCS certified, which means for every tree they use to create these boards, they plant a new tree in its place.
- Variety: Make sure to select cheeses from different families with different tastes and textures. For example, pairing a crumbly Parmesan-Reggiano with a softer cheese, like Brie or Camembert won't leave your mouth bored!
- Cured Meats: As much as we'd love to just eat cheese all day, adding charcuterie aka cured meats to your cheese board can accentuate your flavors, not to mention they can add some color to your board.
- Savory/sweet: It is important to find a nice balance between savory and sweet flavors when building your board. You can use things like fruits, berries, jams, and even chocolate to add some sweetness to your board. Pickles, nuts, and olives can help accentuate the savory.
- Garnish: Garnishing your board can make you look like a cheeseboard professional. Adding some finishing touches such as edible flowers, a few sprigs of rosemary, or any additional fruits/berries can really bring together any cheeseboard.
- Temperature: Allow cheeses to come to room temperature before serving in order to bring our their truest flavors.
- Care: Most solid teak/wood boards can be cared for by simply rinsing it with some warm water and rubbing it with some olive oil before setting it out to dry before your next use.
The only thing left to do is pour yourself your drink of choice and enjoy! 🍾