The Hill-Side | New Low | Japanese Indigo Sashiko SneakersThe Hill-Side
- Heavyweight Indigo Sashiko fabric is woven at a small textile mill in Okayama, Japan and dyed with Japanese indigo
- The "New Low" is a revamped version of the classic Standard Low Top, featuring a new rugged rubber toe cap and heel guard.
- Ethically manufactured in Japan, at one of the world's oldest sneaker factories
- Sewn and assembled by hand
- Vulcanized construction
- Herringbone pattern natural rubber outsole
- Canvas-backed rubber foxing tape
- Twill tape binding at tongue
- Painted brass eyelets
The Hill-Side sneakers are responsibly manufactured by well-paid, highly skilled craftspeople in a beautiful, 140-year old factory in western Japan. They're sewn and assembled completely by hand, and are produced using a traditional vulcanization process that employs natural rubber that the factory processes in-house.
They visit the factory twice a year for on-site design and development meetings, and to inspect the production of products.
********Please note that these run one size large. Meaning if you're a size 9 normally, you would be a size 8 in these.********