The 325-Year Anniversary Hatchet | Hults Bruk
2022 marks the 325th anniversary since Jacob Reenstierna established Hult’s iron and steel factory in 1697. To mark the occasion, the factory has created a commemorative limited edition axe.
The design is inspired by some of our favorite Hults Bruk axes from the past. In 1870, ironmaster Ekelund brought back American production techniques and axe designs like Turpentine and Yankee patterns with hickory handles. With time these have become symbols for Hults Bruk axes. The head of our Anniversary axe, with a gross weight of 1.25lb, is a classic Yankee pattern and the bit has a finishing with a narrow 5 step premium grind. It is hand forged from Swedish quality steel, another symbols of Hults Bruk axes. Hults Bruk have equipped it with a hickory handle and a specially made leather edge cover, manufactured in Sweden from a vegetable tanned, full–grain leather. Enclosed together with the axe you will also find a key ring with a ships nail as a reminder of where our forging tradition began.
- The axe head is hand forged at the historic Hults Bruk, a forge that has been in operation since 1697.
- Each axe is made from high-quality Swedish axe steel, expertly tempered to hold a very sharp edge even after repeated sharpening.
- Painted iconic green, razor-sharp 5 step premium grind.
- Curved American hickory handle protected with linseed oil.
- Each axe comes with a vegetable tanned, full–grain leather sheath.
- Key ring with a ship nail (a reminder of where our forging tradition began), a storage box
and special booklet.