Japanamerica Type II Jacket | 14oz Okayama Selvedge Stonewash Denim | The Hill-SideThe Hill-Side
The Japanamerica Type II Jacket is designed as a hybrid between the classic Levi's 507XX "Type II" jacket from the 1950s, and a rare Japanese Air Force pilot's "Type 2" jacket from World War II — a unique blend of vintage inspirations that represent The Hill-Side's roots in the US and Japan.
This jacket is expertly constructed at a boutique factory in Okayama that has a long history of producing some of the best vintage reproduction jeans and denim products in the world. The smallest details on this jacket have been scrutinized and perfected.
- Two large chest pockets with hidden zip closure
- Single chest pleats
- Adjustable and removable waist belt
- Japan-made Universal brass zippers
- Placket cut on fabric's selvedge
- Replica WWII-era laurel-leaf donut shank buttons
- Blank copper rivets
- Heavy stonewash finish (but no fake distressing)
MADE IN JAPAN (Okayama)
- Exclusive fabric from The Hill-Side's collection of custom-designed and -woven textiles
- 14 oz selvedge denim, woven on 1930s Toyoda shuttle looms in Okayama
- TH-S "Seafoam" selvedge ID
- Rope-dyed indigo warp yarns
- Unbleached, natural white weft yarns
- 100% cotton
- Fabric origin: Japan (Ibara, Okayama Prefecture)
Model is 6'3", 185lbs, and wearing a size Medium.