This natural indigo dye kit is packed with everything you need to create a bundle of permanent, dyed patterns on any plant-based fabric. The finest quality ingredients and supplies for you: the beginner to intermediate dyer. May this kit inspire and challenge you to create new, beautiful work.
- Naturally derived indigo pigment
- All necessary activation and setting agents
- Protective gloves
- A blank cotton gauze bandana
- Wood clamps and cotton cord
- Illustrated instructions
You will need:
- Two five gallon buckets: one for dyeing, one for rinsing
- A long mixing stick
- Hot water
Tips & info:
- For best results dye small pieces of natural fabric, or lightweight natural fabrics with open weave structure.
- Dyes up to 5 lbs of fabric or a dozen garments depending on coverage and shade.
- Prep your vat then wait 24 hours for it to mature before dyeing.
- Vat stays viable for weeks, just stir and revisit.
WARNING: This kit contains Indigotin, Calcium Hydroxide, Iron Sulfate and Citric Acid which can be harmful if used improperly! Follow all instructions carefully. Adult supervision required. Conforms to ASTM D-4236
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.