Houston Texas Market Bag | Natural | Apolis x Manready Mercantile
- By purchasing one of these 100% jute fiber bags, you become part of the Bangladesh Project. In 2009, Apolis partnered with Saidpur Enterprises, a co-op of 70 artisans, to help build an International market for the resilient shopping bags the co-op was producing. With their addition of sturdy, vegetable tanned leather handles and waterproof lining, they created a product that connects the artisans of Bangladesh with people across the globe.
- The co-op provides fair wage jobs for Bangladeshi women, and contributes a portion of its profits to social and educational projects in the community of Saidpur.
- By supporting what Apolis calls "advocacy through industry," you help create life-changing opportunities in the community of Saidpur, Bangladesh.
- Your Long-Lasting, Waterproof Bag: Apolis believes you want a product of enduring quality, so this bag is made to last — it's strong enough to hold at least 135 pounds, and has a waterproof interior that's easy to wipe clean
- Your Bag Fights Landfills: This bag is resilient and reusable, so you can help keep single-use bags out of landfills; plus, it's made of natural jute fiber, which generates more oxygen than any other Bangladeshi crop.
- Your Purchase Helps Break a Poverty Cycle: The female artisans who handcraft your bag receive Fair Trade wages, annual profit dividends, and a retirement fund.